MOBILE APP DEVELOPER
We are seeking full-time web application engineer with mobile development experience. We are a small, agile company so ideal candidates should have a breadth of development experience, and be excited to work on a variety of problems.
- Design, develop, and maintain Castle Rock software components.
- Contribute to development team internal troubleshooting, code reviews, and system architecture planning.
- Perform initial quality assurance steps. Thoroughly test components prior to release, and write repeatable, automated unit tests.
- Provide reasonable and accurate project timeline estimates to project managers.
- Assist operations staff with the configuration of new components or features, and the diagnosis of production and staging system problems.
- Consult with application designers to ensure product feasibility, practicality, and that projects follow industry best practices.
- 2 or more years of web application-focused, professional development experience.
- 2 or more years of native mobile-focused development, iOS preferred.
- At least one mobile application published to the iTunes or Google Play store(s).
- B.S. in Computer Science or a similar program.
- Expertise with object oriented programming and asynchronous design patterns.
- Experience with agile software development methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with large, distributed systems, and integrations with third party systems.
Our tools and stack:
- Native iOS (Xcode, Objective-C, Swift, Google Maps, Realm)
- Native Android (Android Studio, Java, Google Maps, Jackson, Picasso)
- Server-side Java 8
- WildFly application servers
- CSS/SCSS (Bootstrap)
- Microsoft SQL Server
To apply, please send your current resume and cover letter with links to apps you've worked on.
Castle Rock is all about empowering its employees to be effective, to have an impact, to do great work, and to take joy in our collective achievements.
Our mission is beautifully straightforward: to help people get clear, useful information that will make their journeys simpler, easier, and safer. That's what moves us.
If you're interested in writing our next software module, improving our Ux/UI, working with our clients on solving an operational problem, or helping us launch our products and services in new regions, then please send us your resume and cover letter, and tell us more about what moves you.